Coca Cola 1931 Santa Claus
Christmas advertising had become a powerful part of coca cola s business operations.
Coca cola 1931 santa claus. The coca cola company began its christmas advertising in the 1920s with shopping related ads in magazines like the saturday evening post. Sundblom is best remembered for his advertising work specifically the santa claus advertisement. In 1931 the company commissioned the services of d arcy advertising agency and michigan born artist haddon sundblom to create a campaign featuring a more wholesome and approachable santa claus something that captured the true essence of santa himself and wasn t just a man dressed up in a costume.
It was he who drew santa claus in a red suit during the twenties when he painted for the coca cola company starting in 1931. The red and white santa figure existed long before coca cola began featuring him in print advertisements and he had already supplanted a bevy of competitors to become the standard representation. Nicholas commonly known as twas the night before christmas.
Sundblom drew inspiration from an 1822 poem by clement clark moore called a visit from st. Archie lee the d arcy advertising agency executive working with the coca cola company wanted the campaign to show a wholesome santa who was both realistic and symbolic. Coca cola helped shape the image of santa.
In contrast with the saintly claus portrayed by rockwell the beginning of the definitive american santa claus was in the 1920 s when coca cola began their major promotion using santa to promote their drink. But in 1931 coca cola commissioned illustrator haddon sundblom to paint santa for christmas advertisements. In 1930 artist fred mizen painted a department store santa in a crowd drinking a bottle of coke.
Success was minimal until 1931 when artist haddon sundblom seen right created his santa. October 5th 2010 3 comments 1930 1950. Sundblom s gorgeous illustrations from 1931 to 1964 helped codify our image of santa today.
Sundblom s claus firmly established the larger than life grandfatherly claus as a key figure in american christmas imagery. In 1931 the company began placing coca cola ads in popular magazines. Nevertheless when coke s advertising guru archie lee hired haddon sundblom to create fresh images of saint nicholas lee hit marketing gold.
- Christmas Tree Decorations Usa
- Christmas Tree Decorations Nutcracker
- Christmas Tree Decorations Youtube
- Christmas Tree Decorations Lazada
- Christmas Tree Design How To Draw
- Christmas Tree Design Drawing
- Christmas Tree Decorations Gold And Silver
- Christmas Tree Decorations For Sale
- Christmas Tree Decorations Teal
- Christmas Tree Decorations
- Christmas Tree Decorations To Sew
- Christmas Tree Design Blue
- Christmas Tree Decorations Outdoor
- Christmas Tree Design 2020
- Christmas Tree Design Diy
- Christmas Tree Decorations Nz
- Christmas Tree Decorations Hong Kong
- Christmas Tree Decorations Video Funny
- Christmas Tree Decorations Marks And Spencer
- Christmas Tree Design Colorful